Sustainable Development Strategy
X5's sustainable development goals:
1. Support local communities through increased social investments and charitable programmes;
2. Ensure the availability of a wide selection of quality and healthy products to promote healthy lifestyles;
3. Ensure decent working conditions and equal opportunities for all employees;
4. Promote responsible consumption and use of resources.
X5's sustainable development strategy is based on the four Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through which the Company can make the most significant impact:
- End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition;
- Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages;
- Promote sustainable economic growth and decent work for all;
- Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
Beyond these four key objectives, X5 will focus on seven additional SDGs that it contributes to indirectly:
- Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts;
- Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development;
- Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems;
- Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all;
- Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls;
- Reduce inequality within and among countries;
- Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
X5 is developing programmes that will be underpinned by performance metrics and KPIs in each of these areas, as well as policies and performance standards that will be further integrated into X5's business processes. Further details will be shared with all relevant stakeholders over the course of 2020.
 17 Sustainable Development Goals through 2030 adopted by the United Nations in September 2015.